Perth, Western Australia, July 9, 2012 – Talison Lithium Limited (“Talison” or the “Company”) Toronto TLH or Nasdaq TLTHF ) today announced its preliminary sales volume and production results for the three months ended June 30, 2012 (“Q4 FY2012”) and the fiscal 2012 year (“FY2012”).
Peter Oliver, Chief Executive Office and Managing Director, said, “The increase in average sales price during the fourth quarter reflected the 15% price increase that applied from January 2012. Together with the record sales volumes for the year, and the recent completion of the expansion at the Greenbushes Lithium Operations, this places Talison in a strong position as it moves towards an investment decision on its proposed lithium carbonate plant.”
Preliminary Sales and Production Volume
- Talison sold 365,545 tonnes lithium concentrate during FY2012 (or approximately 54,000 tonnes lithium carbonate equivalent (“LCE”)), an 8% increase compared to FY2011.
- In Q4 FY2012 Talison sold 98,113 tonnes lithium concentrate (or approximately 14,500 tonnes LCE), a 6% increase compared to Q4 FY2011.
- The average sales price of lithium concentrates sold during FY2012 was US$334 per tonne, a 9% increase compared to FY2011.
- The average sales price of lithium concentrates sold during Q4 FY2012 was US$351 per tonne, demonstrating the impact from the 15% price increase that applied from January 2012.
- Production of lithium concentrate for FY2012 and Q4 FY2012, was 357,128 tonnes of lithium concentrate (approximately 53,000 tonnes LCE) and 83,842 tonnes of lithium concentrate (approximately 12,500 tonnes LCE) respectively.
* Tonnes of lithium concentrate
(1) From quarter to quarter sales volume and average sales price may vary as sales are made in large shipments that can be irregular in timing and in varying proportions of technical-grade and chemical-grade lithium concentrate.
To view the entire press release please visit:
July 9th, 2012 Talison Lithium Ltd. Press Release