Feb 08, 2011 08:08 ET
ROCKVILLE, MD--(Marketwire - February 8, 2011) - MarketResearch.com has announced the addition of Amadee + Company's new report "The Future Of Lithium Ion Batteries: Including Consumer, Alternative Energy Vehicles (Hevs, Phevs, Evs), And Electric Power Storage Applications- Technologies, Markets, Competitors And Opportunities: 2010-2020 Analysis And Forecasts" to their collection of Electric Vehicles market reports. For more information, visit http://www.marketresearch.com/product/display.asp?ProductID=6069114
Market for Lithium Ion Batteries Expected to Reach $43 Billion by 2020
Lithium ion batteries were first proposed in the 1970's and commercially developed in the 1990's. Since then, the market for lithium ion batteries has grown to $11 billion (2010) and is expected to reach $43 billion by 2020.
Up to now, the lithium ion battery market has been predominantly consumer (90% as of today) but new, diversified applications including xEV (Electric Vehicles/Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles/Hybrid Electric Vehicles) and ESS (Electrical Storage Systems) are expected to provide the new growth engines.
As a result, the lithium ion market landscape will undergo a profound change, bringing huge increases in demand, profits in the billions of US dollars and competitive upheaval.
This report provides a detailed look at the global lithium ion battery market in all its aspects, including:
- The total addressable market and growth rates for consumer, xEV and ESS applications between 2010 and 2020
- Electric Vehicles/Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles/Hybrid Electric Vehicles demand trends.
- Major opportunities
- Battery technology trends
- Battery materials technology trends
- Battery technology, political and standards risks
- Challenges ahead
- Price trends
- Cost trends
- The competitive landscape
- Japanese, Korean and Chinese rivalry
- Producer market shares
- Partnerships and joint ventures
Western Lithium graduates to TSX listing